"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Friday, April 17, 2009

Always...

Always something to do. Always somewhere to go. Always laundry to fold and put away. Always toys to pick up. Always bills to balance and pay. Always a blog to write. Always groceries needing to be bought. Always a bulletin to write. Always a craft for school to find. Always work to be completed.

I'm so tired of being tired. Honestly I just feel exhausted. Is it normal for grown woman to need to take a nap everyday? Yesterday I was so tired that I could barely keep my eyes open when the kids were eating lunch. It took all of the energy I could muster up to work for an hour or so before collapsing for a nap. I don't know why I'm always this tired. Mike said its because I give myself too much to do and never take any down time. He's probably right. Even as I sit here typing, I'm planning my day and when I can get what done. How can I not be like that? I know in my heart that if I don't do the million things I need to do, who will do it? It won't get done...so essentially I'm just pushing it all off for me to do later and I hate procrastinating.

I wish I was as easy going as my husband and could wake up one day without a plan. Even when I don't have anything to do, I already have it in my head when I want to be up and dressed by as well as the kids. Its so hard for me to just do nothing or plan nothing. I think my brain is so tired just from all of my planning. I have days planned ahead in my head like a little calendar...and I mean down to the hour. I don't remember being this anal when I was growing up. I know I've always been a planner, but I feel like since I've had kids, its just out of control. Lately I've been feeling so overwhelmed that I've been letting things go that I never would before, like sitting down to watch tv at night without all of the kids toys picked up off of the floor. I have this weird thing that I can't sit down to work or relax unless all the toys are put away...it drives me crazy to see them strewn all over my house when the kids aren't awake. I have been leaving laundry in the dryer longer than usual and haven't been to the grocery store in at least a week or so. I feel so unproductive, but on the other hand I just feel so exhausted.

I don't know if this is part of just being a stay at home mom and trying to balance everything or if I'm really overwhelming myself with too much to do. It makes me laugh when people say I have it made or how easy it must be to sit and watch soap operas all day...man if they only knew. I feel more tired now than ever before, more than ever sitting in an office for 8 hours and then coming home to a quiet house.

me

1 comment:

The Doerr Four said...

I so hear you on this one. I feel exactly the same way. I feel overwhelmed most days and SO, SO tired. I feel like I can never get ahead because there is always so much to do. There is no down time. At night when I finally sit down to watch a little TV before bed, I'm sitting there folding laundry, doing bills, thinking about what needs to be down that I didn't get to today.
We have so many roles as stay at home moms- care-takers, chefs, house cleaners/keepers, nurses, ect...... the job of a mom never ends. It is by far the most important and the best job in the world but also the most stressful and tiring one too.