"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Congratulations!!

I'm sooo excited that I have to write a post. One of my bestest friends in the whole world got engaged this weekend...Congrats Megan!! I feel like I've known her forever and Mike and I have really had the privilege of watching her grow and mature into a beautiful christian woman (ooh that sounds old), okay young lady. There were days I had to force this girl to let me blow dry her hair or throw some make up on her, just for MY kicks and giggles. But now, she has her hair done every day and rarely goes a day without makeup. We have forced this girl to believe in herself what we always saw...a beautiful, smart, witty young lady and now she has a guy who is committed to telling her that too. Well, she just celebrated her year anniversary with her boyfriend Mat, and he surprised her by proposing. He's a really great guy and is not just good to her...he is good for her, so of course we approve. I feel like she is the little sister I've never had. She has been around for all of our "big" events including dating, wedding, pregnancies, both babies, and hours upon hours of talking and venting and is always here to lend me a helping hand. We joke that she is our nanny because she is always helping with the kids or whenever we are supposed to be "hanging out" it always turns into us running errands and me abusing her extra hands. I really do love her to pieces and am so happy for her. Guess what the best part is...she asked me to be her Matron of Honor!! Of course I said yes and already started throwing wedding detail questions at her...I think I made her head spin a bit. But I'm so flattered and so excited for her. Congrats Mat and Megan...can't wait to see what your future holds!!


love,

me

No comments: