"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Tuesday, April 7, 2009

10 years!!

So last month, Mike and I hit another huge milestone...the 10 year mark. Yep it has been 10 years since our first date...March 12, 1999. I had been thinking about it for a few months and wanted to make sure I remembered it without reminding Mike about it. You know, its no fun when you have to remind your husband about a special date to do something special...why not take it into your own hands, and make it special for the both of you.


So I never mentioned to him that it was coming up, nor did I mark it on the fridge calendar....I just pretended like it was any other day. I placed a special note in his car so when he left for work in the morning, he'd get it and be surprised. I even arranged for a secret babysitter to come and watch the kids. Well we got dressed up and enjoyed a quiet dinner at The Chart House in Dana Point. The view was beautiful and it was really nice to just be able to sit and relax and eat dinner without having to worry about the kids or bedtime or potty breaks.


Its so funny...I can remember everything that has happened between now and that first date in 1999, but it really does seem like eons ago. Sometimes we joke that we are just playing house and dress up because that's how we really feel....it doesn't always feel like we're the REAL adults here, with REAL kids, and a REAL mortgage. We still feel like we're those 2 teenagers from back then. I feel so blessed to be able to say that I love my husband more than I ever thought possible on that first night. I do believe that God gives us choices that lead us down certain paths in life...but I just can't imagine my life any other way...or with any other person. My date a few weeks ago was with the same man that I had the worst jitters over 10 years ago and I'm very lucky to be able to say he still makes me smile just the same. I love you babe and I hope God blesses us with another easy breezy 10 years...or if I'm being honest, and probably a little selfish, maybe another 50.


me

No comments: