"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Monday, April 27, 2009

Busy busy bees

As always, super busy.

Lets see, we should start with Thursday. So I believe it was just a few posts ago that I was saying how I always feel like I have soooo much to do. Well what do you know...I took on something else. Thursday night we had our meeting at Van's preschool for enrollment for next school year. Of course we enrolled him because we and him really love it there. Well all of the moms have to take a position at the school, hence the co-op program. Last year I was the auditor and it was pretty easy. I became very familiar with our financials and how our books were kept. So for next year, I was gently told by our President, that I was running for Treasurer on the board. Ha ha...I didn't get much of a choice...I guess I could've turned it down if I really wanted to...but I'm glutton for punishment and tend to take on way more than I need to keep me busy. It was kind of funny actually. I asked her well what if someone else runs for that position on the Board, and she laughed and said "I guess you better have a speech ready". Well it turned out nobody ran against me and now I am an elected official at Van's school. Mike jokes that since we're on the 5 year plan (Van and Ava getting through preschool) that one day I will probably be running that program. Who knows...we'll see how this next school year goes...one day it may be President Becky to you.

Onto Friday...busy, busy. Mike had a golf tournament for work he had to attend, I know rough life huh? And I had to work a boutique for my boss that I agreed to a couple of months ago. So Jessica (Daniel's fiance) watched the kids all morning for us. They had a great time and everyone seemed to survive unscathed. That night, Mike and all of Daniel's groomsmen kidnapped him, literally. He was handcuffed and blindfolded and taken to an Angels game (one of his favorite spots). We were blessed enough to have some friends from church lend us their suite for the night so all of the guys got to go in style...including Van. From what I hear they had a great time. And, Jessica, Ava and I enjoyed a nice quiet girls evening. Here's some pics...


Let's see Saturday was busy as usual. We were invited to breakfast at some friend's house and really enjoyed the company and some yummy food. Then Saturday night we were off to dinner with my mom. We try to hang out at least once a week so she can see the kids and we get a chance to chat. Its so nice having her close so the kids really get a chance to have a relationship with her. Sunday was Sunday of course, always a long day for us between church and naps and just surviving the day.
I was just looking at our May calendar and it seems like we've got so much stuff already booked up. We have the next 3 weekends already booked and stuff going all week long between Mike's softball team, our softball team, preschool, church, etc etc. It seems like the list is never ending and we're always running around. All in all though, it was a good weekend with lots going on. I have a couple more posts to make so check back soon.
Thanks for reading.
b

2 comments:

Melissa Vossler said...

love reading your updates.....and I always feel like I'm reading about my own life :)

Looking forward to our session in June!!! Still on for the morning of the 12th???

Anonymous said...

Bek - you should get your Mom to babysit - I am sure she would love to do it and I bet the price is right!!!!

Pictures look great of everyone. Thanks for the updates.

Aunt Joanie