"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Monday, April 6, 2009

Yes Yes I know...I need to blog

Okay so everyone has been hounding me for what feels like forever now to blog again. It hasn't even been a month people...gosh its not like having 3 family birthdays in one month, an important anniversary with the hubby, an unplanned visit from Opa, a flu/cold that has and is still making its way through our family of 4 (round 2 for some), a little getaway with the hubby, trying to keep up a part time job, trying to keep the hampers empty as well as the dishwasher, and my daily desire to vacuum fulfilled...doesn't keep me busy enough. But noooo, one must blog monthly too...man the job of a stay at home mom is never ending.


So I have decided to do a few blog entries...today...well that's my goal anyway, we'll see how far I get. I just have lots of pictures and events that happened so in order for them all to get noticed, I must do them separately...I think.


Okay well we started off the month with little Ava's first birthday. Van's birthday is March 19th, yes I know I'm a horrible mom who didn't even do a seperate blog post for just Van's birthday (refer to paragraph 1 for my excuses), but anyways, the kids had so many parties it seemed neverending around here. Our initial plan was to just have one party for both kids and invite everyone....however our invite list seemed forever long so we made some changes. On Ava's birthday, we ended up at Lynn and Larry's for the actual cake and singing (cake was made by Van and I). I think Van was more excited about making the cake than Ava was eating it...which really surprised us. She will eat just about anything, but apparently cake is not on the top of her list. She wouldn't touch the thing with any of her fingers. Its was actually quite funny because she's really not very dainty but she was acting like the stickiness of the frosting was just too much to handle on her little fingertips...so she improvised and thought she would just lick it.





So that was celebration 1. Then the following weekend, we had the family (both sides) over for just some family fun for the kids birthdays...with what we thought was limited presents...man did our kids make out. Van was totally stoked because this birthday he got a new "big" (even bigger boy) bed and a real drumset...just his size. Ava was excited about everything...especially the paper. We did it super easy though, everyone wanted to pitch in so we actually ended up with a dinner and dessert that everyone contributed too...thanks guys, it was way easy on our budget. It was really nice to do something low-key. We all got to just enjoy the kids and eat and hang out. We tried ice cream sundaes this time around and Ava was still not touching it with other than her mouth...no fingers. This was celebration 2 for Ava, and 1 for Van.






Onto the next celebration...then the next weekend we did a party for just the kids and our friends and our friends w/ kids...but this one was supposed to be no gifts...but, of course, the kids got gifts. We rented a jump house that was actually a boxing ring, did cheap pizza, cake and again...kept it low key. This time around Ava got another "mini" cake...different party...same result...mouth only...no fingers. So this time around...I decided to just smash her face into it...why not enjoy it, right? But all in all, I think the kids had a great time. Ava bday celebrations 3, Van 2.








Now Van's actual birthday was the following week and we had planned to go to Disneyland to celebrate...but I had to ruin it and go and get sick...but more on that in a later post...Opa's visit.


Stay tuned....

No comments: