"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Thursday, September 11, 2008

All About Ava

Okay so my last blog, or shall I say, day of blogs, turned into a Van fest. As promised, here is a page just dedicated to Ava. I will post some new pics of her too so you can get your fill. She is a really cute baby, has super squeezable cheeks, and a very sweet demeanor. She will pretty much let anyone hold her and offers smiles to anyone looking. She is much sweeter than Van but also much more determined. She is easier to get smiles out of, but also easier to get a fuss out of. She will definitely let you know when she isn't happy. She, like most girls, likes to have a lot of attention. Don't get me wrong, she is not a fussy baby. She is happy, as long as somebody is in the room with her and stops every so often to acknowledge her. Van used to just sit by himself quietly and play. Another reason we believe Van got his mommy's genes and Ava is leaning towards daddy's side. She sits up like a champ and is making great strides toward crawling. She spins herself in circles trying to get where she wants to go. I'm sorry to say I just don't dedicate as much time on the floor with her like I did with Van which is probably why she isn't moving all over the place yet. Its so hard the 2nd time around, I find my hands always full. Luckily, she's content doing whatever I need her to and pretty much goes with the flow. So here are some new pictures.


Seriously, how cute is she. Like I said, sitting like a champ now. She is such a smiley baby but catching a picture where her smile is cute and so is the rest of her face is proving to be a difficult task. I thought this picture was cute even though she isn't total smiles. Sorry for the crazy hair.

Okay here she's rockin' the double ponytails. Mike says she looks like Satan when I do her hair this way. Its hard, the sides are so short but the top is this crazy madness of hair. I get bored doing one ponytail everyday, so I'm trying to switch it up. I think its cute, a nice pair of palm trees.


Ooh, my nemesis. Also mentioned earlier, she is a very determined little girl. As most of you know, I'm a bit of a control freak. So the head butting has begun. I've been trying to break this thumb sucking routine since she was about 2 months old. I've even put gloves on her when she sleeps but now she's so smart she can just pull them off and still claim a victory. She's such a putz, she will stick her thumb in her mouth and then look at me with this huge grin as to say..."ha ha mom, what are you gonna do about it". Ugghhh!!! I may have to surrender here and just make Tabasco my friend in the years to come. Ha ha Ava, what are you going to do then?!?

Okay look for another post soon. Van, I know it was all about Ava, but he started school the other day so I'm hoping to get that one up later today. Talk to you all soon.

B

2 comments:

mommy nat said...

she is soo cute!! I LOVE the little palm trees!! I miss those days!!!

The Doerr Four said...

Girl, lighten up with sweet Ava. If the girl wants to suck her thumb, let her. I was a thumb sucker and I turned out okay, well sort of. :-) I do love those pony tails. Too cute!