"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Thursday, August 28, 2008

Last one...for today

Okay so I think I've got everyone caught up on everything. Can anyone think of anything I'm forgetting? If so, go suck an egg...I'm a busy girl. Okay I'm just kidding, don't mean to be mean. I really had the best intentions when I started out this blog and to be honest, I really enjoy doing it. I love to write...whether it be on a blog, a mediocre journalism article, an insightful for my eyes only journal, or even a love letter for my hubby. I like to tell everyone what's going on so those who we care about and don't get to see as often as we'd like can be all caught up on our life history. I love to look back at the pictures and just see how our kids are growing and learning and making us smile. Life is full of only the memories we make, so we might as well enjoy it, right?


Well I've got just a couple more pics for you of Van and some of his newest antics.
Van really enjoys sitting down with Mike or I and drawing on his easel. He has just discovered chalk on the chalkboard, as opposed to the sidewalk, and this picture to the left is after he drew his first stick person. Yes, he had some guidance from mom, but the circle and body are all his doing. I believe the head may be missing, because his 2nd favorite part is erasing his artwork.


Since the olympics have just ended, my schedule has gotten a little back to normal. Some of you may or may not know that I'm just a tad bit obsessed with gymnastics. As Mike says, womens olympic gymnastics is like my Super Bowl. But this year was Van's first time seeing mens gymnastics, I think. Well after watching just a few minutes of it, one guy dismounted from the High Bar and raised his arms (like they all do), and Van yelled out, Yeah..you did it... So he's been a little excited to do this himself now...off of his bed, after a ride down his slide, etc. Here he is...our little olympian.


Another new obsession of Van's is puzzles. I'm not talking the little kid ones made of wood, matching animals or letters, but real puzzles. Grammy started this with a Handy Manny puzzle which he finished on his own in no time at all and we've added to his collection. He just got this CARS puzzle and was so excited about finishing it, by himself, in a matter of minutes. Yep that's right, my 2 year old can do a puzzle. We are so proud...one, for his ability and two, because we think he didn't inherit his attention span from his dad. Whoo!!
Alright, and lastly here's just a little one of Ava. After all of this blogging about Van today, I will have to commit a whole page to just our little girl next time. Stay tuned.
Love to everyone...enjoy all my efforts.
B

2 comments:

The Doerr Four said...

Okay, you do need a whole page dedicated to sweet Ava. She's so cute!!

mommy nat said...

Wow we are OLD!!!! I can't believe it's been 10 years since we graduated high school and we both have 2 kids running/crawling around!!! It came ALOT faster than I thought it would!!! Glad to hear all is well with you guys!!! Ava has changed sooo much since the last time I saw her!!! we should get together soon and catch up!!! I know easier said than done, but maybe you guys could come down for one of Jays soccer games then we could hang out a little after!! Let me know!!!