"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Friday, August 8, 2008

I know, I know, I'm late...


Okay, okay, I know everyone has been anxiously waiting another post. I have to say, I feel soooo busy now. Last night I downloaded over 600 new pics, but of course before they are blog worthy, I have to go in and edit them. This pic to the right is old, okay only a few weeks old, but if I wait until I get my pics from last night done before blogging, it may be weeks until you hear from me.

So lots has happened in the last week and a half, hence the long time between blogs. Last week we took Van down to Sea World for the first time and he loved it....that's where the 600 pics came from. The day was very warm, but not too hot, we piled on the sunscreen and soaked in all the animals. Still Van is asking for a penguin, even though Grammy offered to buy him like 10 and he kept picking the whales and dolphins. I think he's secretly finding another reason to go to Sea World again so we'll feel guilty enough about him wanting the penguin and take him again. He tells me everyday how he fed the seals and saw the whales, sea turtles, dolphins, polar bears, and the list goes on and on and on. Its so fun as a parent to get to experience these firsts with your kids. I think we're still in the stage where we get more excited to see them respond then they do to actually witness whatever it is. I promise, I know I've said that before, but really I promise to post some pics from Sea World...oh yeah, I think I owe pics from the circus still too...add it to my list. Oh yeah just remembered two other things about our oldest phenom. He is officially off of diapers completely!!! He has had 2 full nights of no diapers and I am glad to report no accidents either. He is now, all day and night, in big boy underwear. I am soooo proud, he has done such a good job. Another big, no I should say huge, accomplishment this week. Van has been at Vacation Bible School all week, 930-1130 at church and he LOVES it. I have to beg him to get in the car to go home because he's having so much fun. I think preschool in the fall will be a breeze for him. So yesterday I hear that my little boy led the closing prayer for the class. Yep, that's right, already a leader in progress at church. Can you believe it, his first public prayer. He says prayers for Mike and I and has even said it for family occasions, but at church, whoa that's big time. I can not express in words how proud I was, I was totally speechless. He got up in front of the class and said it, with a little assistance from one of the preachers, but hey he's only 2 years old. A real chip off of the old block.
Our little girl is growing like a weed. She is more mellow in some aspects than Van, and in other much more determined. The other night I had to actually use the seatbelt on her changing table because she will literally flip herself off. In all the time Van used that table, I don't think I ever once had to fasten the belt. On the other hand, at this time in Van's life, he was already sitting up well and on his way to crawling, he crawled at 5 1/2 months. Now our little chunck, will barely sit up. It lasts about 5 seconds and then she falls to one side or the other. She has realized that she can use her arms to catch herself from falling so she's getting better. However since 5 1/2 months is right around the corner, I don't think crawling is coming as soon. Who knows, she always finds some way to keep me on my toes so maybe she'll surprise us all.

Mike and I have been super super busy too. A couple of weeks ago I started having some stomach pains, pretty excruciating to be honest. So I finally went to the doctor and they think I might have kidney stones. Sucky!! I had an ultrasound a couple of days ago and of course I'm still sitting around waiting to hear from the doctor on the results. I'm no doctor, but what I'm feeling is pretty bad and I don't think just an infection would cause these random "episodes" as I like to call them. So we'll see. I'll let you all know when I do, but please keep me in your prayers. The last "episode" I had was on Tuesday, it lasted about 45 minutes and it was so bad I almost called an ambulance to come and get me. Only problem, I was home alone w/ the kids. Van was really freaked out because I was crying, a lot, and he kept saying "mommy what's wrong". Its so weird because after the 45 minutes, it will just slowly fade away and an hour later I feel perfectly fine. Hopefully whatever it is, it can be resolved and quickly.
As for Mike, he has been a busy man too. He has been diligently working out to prepare for some police department physical testing, working his normal job, and helping me man our 2 boogers. He is progressing in the PD testing for a couple of cities but I'm going to try and keep some details mum just to not embarrass him or bring too much light to a situation with an unknown ending. He has really been great helping me get work done too. Man am I tired from taking on my job. Don't get me wrong...I love it. I love the little bit of me time I get to spend doing it, I love my boss, and I genuinely like what she does and what she has to offer. I don't think I realized before taking this job how much down time I actually had, okay maybe just an hour or two, but now its seems like zilch. My fabulous time management skills are really being tested but the extra dinero is really nice and so far we are all surviving.
Well I think that's all for now. I'll try to be back again soon.
b

2 comments:

The Doerr Four said...

Come on Becky, bring on the pictures. I like to hear whats going on but I like to see the pics too.

Chelsea said...

Van was soooo cute during vacation bible school! I will have to start having him say our prayers in bible class on Sunday's, since he's a pro at it now.