"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Thursday, August 28, 2008

Catching Up

Okay so I'm going to spend the next hour doing nothing but blogging, adding pictures, and loading new pictures to our Flickr site. Hope you all enjoy my hard work and dedication.

First up, paint.

Some of you have already heard the story but this is definitely blog worthy. Mike and I were getting ready for church one Sunday evening and we told Van to go in the other room to wait for us. Sure enough, Mike came out literally 1 minute later and this is what we found. Our way too smart 2 year old opened up his art box, opened a bottle of dark pink paint and proceeded to pour it down himself. It may not look too bad here, but let me assure it, it is the most destruction Van has committed to date. We rented a Rug Dr the next day to see what we could do and our answer was, not much. Because its paint, real paint, not children's watercolors, it is sticking to the carpet like it should be sticking to the intended surface. Short of cutting down the affected area, replacing the carpet, or doing a good 'ole rug cover up we're out of ideas. The carpet is definitely better after being cleaned, but still a bright pink stain. Now our little boy walks over it and says, "mommy, look at all that messy pink paint". Yes hunny, look at all that paint, all I can do is sigh.


B