"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Friday, June 13, 2008

On The Road To School...Maybe

So not much more happening around here. We've been busy with playdates and visiting old friends, but all in all, our lives are pretty mellow. I'm on the verge of saying Van is fully potty trained during the day. He has become comfortable to tell me now at any point that he needs to go pee pee and poo poo. I'm pretty confidant that he can make any car ride now without an accident too. He definitely understands that he doesn't want to have an accident in his big boy underwear. I'm so proud. We're even back to getting out of the house comfortably now and don't stress the whole time about whether or not he needs to go. One of Van's good friends Emily has recently started preschool so I started thinking maybe I should start looking too. I really had no idea even where to begin. If you look online, there are literally hundreds to choose from and I figured it would take me months to find one and then there is class size, tuition, curriculum, schedule, etc to consider. I decided to take the easy route and I posted an ad on my favorite site, Craigslist, just asking for referrals or info on preschools in the area. I heard from one mom who is actually part of a co-op preschool that is really affordable, only for kids 2-5, runs 4 days from 9am-12pm w/ Wednesday open for field trips, and has parents work one day in the school. I would even be able to bring Ava on the day I work plus be a part of Van's transistion. I'm really hopeful about this one. Mike and his brothers attended a preschool similar to this one and it was awesome for them plus Lynn got to be a part of it too. I'm still in communication w/ the school about details and such but I'll keep you all posted.

As for our little pudgy Ava, she really is just a pleasure. She has the funniest laugh. It really sounds more like a dying cow but I just can't stop myself from tickling her to hear the noise that comes out, I wish I could describe it better. Mike was tickling her neck last night w/ his goatee and she was really going at it, so cute. She is starting to roll over from her back. She can get over to her side but falls back to her back, she is quite determined so I don't think it will be long. She loves to stand up and enjoys the walker so much now (her feet completely touch the ground and she doesn't even need a towel to hold her up). She is quite the cutey and just so sweet, she definitely has her daddy's easy going nature.

That's all for now...sorry its not more interesting just trying to keep everyone up to date on all our details. Be back soon.

B

No comments: