"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Thursday, June 5, 2008

Just Kicking Back

I know it's been over a week but that's because not much has been happening around here. We went back to Disneyland at Van's request and I think the 2nd time was even more fun than the last. He was in awe so much the first time and just tried to take it all in but the 2nd time he really sat back and enjoyed it all. We must have rode on the carousel 5 times. I'm amazed daily at how much Van's vocabulary is expanding and how he even uses the right words, some of which I've never heard before, in the right context. I can't wait until he gets to school and just gets to blossom even more.

Ava has been such a trooper, with the Disneyland trips, the potty training adventures, and just in life. She is such a happy little girl. Van was happy, but he was and continues to be hard to make smile on command. He is even harder to make laugh, really laugh...I guess that's like his daddy. Van has always been our serious, intense, little man, hence the picture above. Ava just sits back and relaxes. She smiles at anyone who asks, giggles now and then, and is even ticklish. She is such the talker too...what a girl. It will be so much fun to watch her grow and see what other differences between our two babies come up. Although Ava started out more high maintenance than Van, she has really become a very easy baby. I can honestly say God has blessed us with 2 very good babies, why try for a 3rd?

As for the job front, I had my interview last week w/ the "lawyer's" husband but I don't think it went very well. I got along great w/ the lawyer, but her husband and I didn't click really well. He had to be the most dry person I've ever met and I even had a hard time focusing on what he was saying. I was shocked to see that he hadn't even shaved for our meeting...that may sound weird but this guy is a financial advisor in Newport Beach, Fashion Island, for millionaires, how are you not concerned about your appearance? So I haven't heard back from him and I'm too afraid to make the call so I think I'm just accepting defeat here. I know my job is to take care of my babies, but I do love, and need, some sort of intellectual challenge now and again so I'm hoping God will help provide that...if it was paying that would be great too. For now I'll just continue my daily searches on Craigslist.

I believe that may be all...nothing major. I know I promised weekly updates, so I apologize for the lag...I'll be back soon.

B

1 comment:

Melissa Vossler said...

As I'm learning (while living with my parents) is that God has a reason for everything - even if it means we don't get the job and have a little less than what we would hope in the bank account. I'm praying for you - and trusting that God will give you favor in the situation that he see's fit for you.

Hope to see you soon.