"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Thursday, March 27, 2008

Sorry It's Been So Long

Oh my how time flies. I didn't realize it's been over 2 weeks since my last blog. Okay maybe I did realize, but I kept telling myself I'd do it later and hence later has turned into 2 weeks later. So much has happened since my last blog but I will try and keep this one as short as possible.

Let's start with an Ava update. She had her 2 week checkup last week and has gained almost a pound and a half since she her 4 day checkup. The doctor wanted to see her back up to her birth weight of 6lbs 9oz but she surprised us all by weighing in at 7lbs 8oz and growing 3/4 of an inch in height also. My little peanut has turned into a little butter ball. She has become quite the efficient eater. We have also gotten her on a pretty good schedule and she even manages some good awake time everyday. She is pretty strong w/ her neck and loves to look at lights and has become an even better stander. She loves to bounce off of her legs and stand up, with a little help of course. She is managing to only wake me up 1 time a night now, for the most part with the exception of a bad night here and there. Right now she seems to be struggling w/ a little congestion which makes her need to be held all day, but she's not very fussy and has no fever, so hopefully this will pass in a day or so. Last night proved to be a very difficult one since she couldn't breathe really well so I'm feeling a bit sleep deprived right now. I'm trying to prepare myself mentally for another rough one tonite too. Overall she still manages to be a pretty easy baby, sleeping almost anywhere, eating every 3 hours or so, and doesn't cry unless she wants food. We almost forget she's there sometimes.

As for our little man, he celebrated his 2nd birthday on the 19th. Its amazing how time flies when you're having fun. He has grown into such a smart, charming, beautiful little boy and we couldn't be more proud. He really is our favorite little boy. We were really lazy parents and failed to plan anything big for him since we didn't know when his sister would make her arrival. Even after she came, we just kept putting it off. We eventually came up with a small get together w/ family and some of his close friends on super short notice. Thanks to all of you who could make it. We got to utilize our great backyard and even did an easter egg hunt for the kids. These next photos were ones we took of him and his (girl)friend Emily at his party. They happen to be the only ones saved on my laptop so for more pics you'll have to wait a little while.
If you've noticed, our pictures are a little nicer. Mike and I finally decided to buy a nice camera and boy does it make a difference. I always thought I was a horrible picture taker, and don't get me wrong, I'm still not great, but with good equipment my pictures are actually pretty nice. We've both taken to photography a bit and Mike even has some superfluous dreams of becoming professional at it now. I'm very excited to edit my pics now and get some good ones up for you to look at. Hopefully I will do this in the next couple of days.
As for Mike and I, we are adjusting as well. Keeping our kids on schedules helps make our life a little more manageable. Our kids are doing great and we are feeling very blessed. Sorry its taken so long for an update, I hope to be a little more regular from now on.
PS I should be starting my new job here pretty soon so I'll definitely let you know how that's going.
Got to close now, feeling very tired, hungry, and my arm is falling asleep from typing w/ a nursing baby on it.
Love to all,
Becky


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ava is so beautiful! Are you loving the new camera? Taking photos is addicting, isn't it? Hope you are having fun with both your babies.