"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Saturday, March 1, 2008

Another Day, Another Contraction

I realize I haven't posted in over a week so it's time for another one.

We're still waiting on little Ava to make her debut. I had a doctor's appt this last week and it was very uneventful. Other than telling me that I'm okay time wise to go whenever, there was nothing new to report. My doctor was still on vacation so I saw the PA and didn't learn anything new. I'm still having contractions everyday. Last night I had them going for about 1 1/2 hours, between 7 and 10 minutes apart, but of course, then I slept like a baby and didn't have any timeable ones again till later today. I'm not sure how this contraction thing works because I didn't have any timeable ones like this with Van until the day I went into labor. I'm know this is my body getting ready and I'm hoping my doctor checks me for any dilating or effacing this week at my appointment. Although, even that could be deceiving as to when labor will actually begin because you could be dilated for weeks too with no arrival. So here we sit, still waiting. I stopped working this last week, so now I need to find something to do to keep myself and Van occupied everyday so we don't get too bored waiting for his sister to come. My doctor's appt is on Wednesday so I'll post again then or before if anything interesting happens.

xoxo,
Becky

PS Congrats to our good friends Jason and Krisha, who are expecting their first child in October. We will keep you in our prayers and hope for a very easy pregnancy. Welcome to the parenting world!!

1 comment:

Melissa Vossler said...

Isn't pre-labor the WORST! Seriously, sucks! You are getting close though. I labored for a week before Lucas came - so maybe you are closer than you think! I'm praying for you, thinking of you, and looking forward to any news of Ava's arrival!!