"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Sunday, March 9, 2008

One Week In As A Family Of Four

So we are 1 week in as a family of 4 and doing great. Little Ava is coming along like a champ. We thought we had it easy with Van, but God has seemed to bless us with an even easier baby in Ava. She literally just sleeps and eats. She will sleep anywhere and we can even just lay her on a pillow on the couch and she'll crash for a few hours. I have to say she isn't as good a nurser as Van was though, which makes it a little difficult when the eating comes around. Its not that she can't nurse, but she only does it for around 10-15 minutes and maybe every 3 hours. This has made the situation with my milk very difficult this time around. I think as far as healing from childbirth goes, I do pretty well, but I'm having to pump my milk every day because my body hasn't quite slowed down to Ava's schedule yet and I get in a lot of pain waiting for her to wake up and eat. The doctor did say that since she was so early, her eating may be a little slow so I'm trying to make sure I don't lose too much of my milk supply before her appetite really kicks in. Other than that, she is doing great. Mike and I are working hard on getting the kids on a schedule, or I guess I should say on Van's schedule. We've pretty much got our nights down now and Ava is only waking up 2 times a night to eat and then sleeping the rest of the time, which is wonderful.

As far as Van and Ava go, they get along really well. He is just enamored with her and she seems to love him. I know she can't see yet, but everytime Van comes over and talks to her, she either opens her eyes or makes little faces to acknowledge him being there. He is so sweet to her and is such a great little helper when it comes to taking care of her. She is very lucky to have him as her brother.

I'm sorry I haven't posted more pics or even more blogs since our big arrival, but time is just flying by as we're trying to heal, adjust, and enjoy our new life. I will try my hardest to post some good pics in the next couple of days for all of you to enjoy.

On a totally unrelated note, I have found another job. Yep, that's me, as Mike teases that I have 5 part time jobs. This one looks really promising and I should even be able to stop doing all of my other jobs if all works out well. I will be working as the Marketing Coordinator for a law firm in Irvine. I actually sent this company my resume about 6 months ago for another position but I couldn't commit to the office time they were looking for. Apparently they held on to my resume because they contacted me for this new position a couple of weeks ago and wanted to interview me even though I was 9 months pregnant, expecting my 2nd child, and want to work from home. The interview went really well and they called me a couple of days ago to let me know that the position is mine to take when I'm ready to start working. They know our daughter has just made her arrival, and they are more than willing for us to make it through our transition period before I start working, its crazy how understanding they've been without any pressure. The job will require about 10-15 hours a week, completely from home, with the exception of 1 hour every other week that I will need to go into the office to update the owner of progress, deadlines, etc. I know this will be really hectic with 2 kids at home, but I feel like with the flexibility of Mike's job, God keeps putting these little opportunities in my path to take that will allow me to stay at home with my children. We could really use the money and I'm hoping this works out well. This company seems totally acceptable about my lifestyle, my want/need to make my family my 1st priority, and yet my need for some intellectual challenge. Please keep us in your prayers that if this job is God's will for our family, that we can make the necessary adjustments to make it work for all of us without too many complications.

Well I think that's all I can say for now. I promise to get some more pics up soon for everyone. As always, keep us in your prayers as we move forward as a family of 4!!

Love,
becky

2 comments:

mommy nat said...

I'm glad you are all doing well. You're on quite a lucky streak right now!!! Or guess I should say a blessed streak huh? Well I hope Ava continues to be easy and Van continues to be good with his siter, and that this new job works out well for you too. CONGRATS!!! Love you all!!!

Anonymous said...

Becky....Ava is beautiful. I'm so glad your first week went so well and am looking forward to meeting your precious daughter. Maybe when the girls turn a month we can set up a time to play :)