"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Friday, February 22, 2008

Is She Ready?


Okay for those of you who have been anxiously waiting, I am posting a few pics from Ava's nursery. Please keep in mind that I am the worst picture taker in the world and we don't have the best camera so this combo can really do damage. We received the last of the nursery items yesterday and now everything is in its place and hung up. Now we just wait for our little girl to arrive. More on that after these pics. It looks really cute in there, I almost feel guilty because I think we did a better job for her than we did for Van.

"always kiss me goodnight"

Okay now onto the Ava progress. So I had to go back to the hospital last night for more fetal monitoring. Again, after about 30 minutes the nurse said I was having consistent contractions about 10 minutes apart. I begged her to not give me another shot of Trebutaline, okay not really begged, I asked her nicely but agreed that if its what the doctors wanted and it was best for the baby I would deal. So apparently my doctor was already gone on vacation so he left another doctor's number for her to call. This doctor is way less cautious than mine and basically said if I was having contractions and am 36 weeks already, then let me go home (without a shot) and have the baby. Yipee!!! Please keep in mind that you can have contractions for weeks before the actual labor begins. I was just excited to not have to get another shot and to not have to come back for more monitoring. I'm still supposed to be taking it easy and trying to make it to 37 weeks, which is only next weekend. I really don't feel like I'm going into labor any day soon, sorry to disappoint all of you. But it is nice to know my uterus is making an effort at getting ready. Last night when Mike and I were just sitting watching tv I was having more contractions, ones I could feel, but there would only be like 3 or 4 and then they would stop for an hour or so and start up again. Until they are consistent, 5 minutes apart, and non stop, there isn't a whole lot for me to do. So I go back to the doctor on Tuesday for a normal pregnancy checkup and I will keep you posted after that. Don't worry, if anything exciting happens, I'm sure you'll hear it from us. Please continue to keep us in your prayers for these crazy coming weeks.

Love,
Becky

2 comments:

Melissa Vossler said...

I was just telling my mom - I don't mind the waiting part...it's the "false contractions" and "other signs" that really bother me. I would wait until 42 weeks if it meant I didn't have to deal with the "Is it really labor now??". I've been dealing with all the same things as you - and I'm tired of it! I'm praying for you, and definitely sympathizing with you right now!

Anonymous said...

What a fiasco the past couple of weeks have been! I hope Ava hangs out a while longer for you. I know it would be nice to at least get into March!
We'll be praying for you and the family!
Jenny Marrs