"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Saturday, July 5, 2008

How Times Have Changed

"Spaghetti Night" began around 5 years ago with 4 couples getting together to hang out and enjoy some relatively cheap eating. One couple did the spaghetti, one salad, one bread, and one dessert. We all got to eat good for very little contribution. It usually began between 6pm and 7pm and would end around 11pm or 12am. A yummy dinner would be followed by some nice chatting and usually a little game playing. As you can tell from the picture above, times have changed. All of the babies pictured above have been born within the last 3 years. We now have a 35-month old, a 34-month old, a 28-month old, 3 11-month olds, and a 4 month old. Our dinners now begin around 4 pm, we run around like crazy racing after kids, rushing to get dinner out and everyone fed, usually not at the same time, then wrap up right before any of the kids get into a total fit because they are so tired, usually around 8pm. All I can say is that times sure have changed...but look at how cute they all are.

As far as other things around here, we've been very busy. I started my new job this week and I love it. I went in the office on Wednesday to get going and my new boss is going to be wonderful. Its so nice to have some real mentally challenging stuff to put my mind too. I hunkered down Thursday while the kids were sleeping and really got some work done. I'm not sure if I'll be able to blog as much as I was before. Most of my free time now will be spent working or spending time w/ my hubby. Its not like I have a lot, but I really want to work hard for this company and prove that my being a telecommuting employee will still be beneficial to them and won't affect my input at all. And don't forget that I have a husband that likes attention too every now and then so my down time will probably be very limited. The kids are doing great. Ava rolls over every opportunity she gets now, usually when I stop paying attention to her or walk away as if to say, "hey mom where'd you go, okay here I come". Van is status quo...getting really skinny now, he definitely has my chicken legs...hope he beefs up pretty soon or his sister will become the family linebacker. I can't think of much else going on and my husband is staring at me like he wants some wifey time so I'm off to go be a good wife. Hopefully will be back soon. Love, love, and more love to all of our friends and family.

1 comment:

The Doerr Four said...

They are so cute! You just totally made Emily's day when you put Ava in her lap. She talked about that for days. My how things have changed..... But don't we just love our lives! What beautiful children we've all had.