"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yes, I'm back so soon

Look at that, it's under a week since my last post and I'm blogging again. It was a late night last night so Ava is still snoozing and Van and I are watching some Mickey Mouse so I thought I would take advantage and do a quick blog. Hopefully I get it completed before I have to run to take care of something.
So, this cute little girl to the right had her 4 1/2 month check up yesterday and everything went great. She weighed in at 15 lbs 9 1/2 oz, and is 23 1/2 inches tall. She is right in line with her brother, who at this age was 16 lbs 5 oz, and was 25 1/4 inches tall. Both kids, when looking at the growth chart, were a little above average in weight and a little below in height. She was also the proud recipient of 4 shots and 1 oral vaccination. Of course I'm speaking facetiously. She handled them pretty well in the morning, but by the time she woke up from her nap, she was pretty miserable. So we started the Tylenol / Ibuprofen alternation until bedtime. If she recovers like her brother, she should be much happier today. She is normally such a happy and sweet baby, that its so hard to see her sad and not smiling. Even with her sore legs last night, she was really trying to smile and talk to anyone who held her.

As for Van, of course he's doing good. We are now 1 week officially under our belt of no diapers during the day. He's been napping in just underwear now for over a week and I have to say, no accidents. For about 2 weeks prior to this, I was noticing every time I'd get him up from his nap his diaper would be dry so we thought, hey lets give it a shot and see how he does. And sure enough, he was definitely ready. Now he is a diaper free kid from the time he wakes up until he goes to bed. Night time is still a diaper time for now, we're working into that. I'm guessing its okay to do it in stages like this. Its been going so well for us and we don't want to do anything that would make Van regress so we're letting him do it at his pace. Even so, one diaper a day has really cut down the cost of diapers in our household, thank goodness, any way to save money and we'll take it.

Mike and I have been busy too. This week we have something going every single day or night. Its crazy when that stinky "life" thing takes over and you get sooo busy. Mike has decided to apply to some police departments as of late. He's been talking about it for years and somebody lit a fire under his bottom and got him moving. No I was not that somebody. So, he applied to 3 or 4 and I think next he'll take the written test and go from there. I'm not sure if he's really really going to pursue it or if its just one of those things he wanted to do so he wouldn't have any regrets when he gets older. I will keep you posted though. As for me, just being mom, wife, and worker now has kept me busy enough. Some days I feel like I'm struggling to keep my head above water to get everything done. I'm not sure what's gonna have to give as I get older and more tired...I'm guessing everyone would say the clean house or laundry...but for those that know me, they know that's really hard to do. I'm hanging in there for now. I just want to do everything and keep being able to do everything w/o having to leave anything for later...that just doesn't sit too well with me.

Well I think that's all for now, I believe my little girl is awake in her room.

PS Thanks to all those that made my birthday special this year. I felt very loved and that's always a good thing. :):)

xoxo

B

2 comments:

Melissa Vossler said...

Becky, I just love your posts and hearing about your life. Ava is so beautiful - I'm chomping at the bit to come and photograph her (pro bono and as your friend ofcrouse!). Maybe next Friday morning?!

Either way - glad you are doing well - and look forward to seeing you soon!

The Doerr Four said...

I didn't realize that I forgot to comment on this one but I have to say that Ava looks so cute in this picture. She is really a beautiful baby and so sweet. I just love squishing her.