"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Monday, December 28, 2009

Holiday Blessings

Look at me, 4 posts in under a month...I'm really on a roll. And, this one is a good one. I'm happy (well almost there) to announce that Mike and I are expecting our 3rd child. We just found out on Saturday and honestly are a little overwhelmed. It was definitely not expected since I was still on the pill. Its a funny story actually.

We had just started talking about maybe trying for a third and I was going to just finish off my last pack of birth control pills. I finished the weekend before my surgery, 2 weeks ago. And obviously, I'm more than 2 weeks pregnant...not to mention the partying has stopped around here since my surgery because its kind of a no no. So needless to say, while Mike and I were pondering our future and doing the should we/ shouldn't we thing...God was just up there laughing I'm sure.

I honestly think we may be at our fill emotionally and physically this month. Mike's finger is still healing. He ended up getting a bad infection in the cut I mentioned in my previous post and has since had to do some finger physical therapy...I know it sounds kind of funny. So he's still not 100%. I still have the stent from my surgery in my stomach and it won't be coming out at least until the end of next week. I called my urologist's office today to tell them about the pregnancy and they said the stent may have to stay in longer since I can't do an xray to confirm its ready to be removed....yeah me!! So here I sit, with a really bad cold, 2 weeks post surgery with a stent that is still causing me a lot of pain/uncomfortableness, and about 5 weeks pregnant. Needless to say, we are both tired. Poor Mike, by the time I get the stent out, I should be heading right into my morning/all day pregnancy sickness so he will still be running on full time 2 parent job duties. Sucky!!!

There are lots of things we are praying for right now. One, above all else, this new baby will be healthy. Obviously I have had multiple xrays over the last 5 weeks because of my kidneys, not to mention I was under anesthesia for my surgery, and have been on vicodin and Advil for my recovery....oh yeah and I've taken my fair share of NyQuil and cold medicine for this nagging cold. So, like I said, a healthy baby and pregnancy is forefront on our minds. Next up, some quick recovery for Mike's finger and my kidney issue...hopefully a stent removal right around the corner. Let's see...what else, oh yeah, it would be great to not be sick this pregnancy...one can dream right? And of course for our two current loves to love this baby as much as they do each other. Van has been very adamant about wanting a girl...he says...."if I don't want a boy, I just don't want a boy"....let's see if we can work that out.

So if you could keep us in your prayers that would be wonderful. I will try and keep everybody posted about all of our ongoings, health wise and other. Hope you had a wonderful holiday too!

B

2 comments:

Janelle said...

We are very excited for the new baby!! You are surely in our prayers too. Hang in there guys!
Love you all...

Marrs Family said...

yay! welcome to the party of 5--we're praying for a healthy and easy pregnancy for you! congrats!