"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Friday, December 18, 2009

Post Surgery Blah-ness

So here I sit, 4 days post surgery and feeling kind of blah. It turns out the doctor had to remove 3 kidney stones during my surgery and I will probably be keeping my stent a little longer than expected. Overall I believe the recovery has been better than it was last year. My pain is much less and I'm sleeping much better. While I'm holed up in my recliner I feel pretty good. But, then once I get up to move around and try to get some stuff done I start hurting and getting really uncomfortable...so back to the recliner I go. I'm getting really tired of sitting in this recliner. I just feel so unproductive. And, my type A personality is really struggling just sitting, not multitasking or doing 4 loads of laundry, vacuuming, and running a grocery list down mentally in my head. Mike has been great taking care of the kids and vacuuming, doing dishes, and constantly picking up toys. He has had a multitude of "mom" days now and hasn't put up much of a fuss at all. Believe me, I know he's tired and would love for the kids to take care of themselves and the dishes to clean themselves, but he keeps on ticking and hanging in there.

Did I mention that last week he practically cut his finger off? Oh I didn't...well let me give you the details. Last Friday I was at Target trying to get as much done as I could before my surgery and I get a frantic call from Mike telling me I had to come right home....I was really worried. He told me he cut his finger and couldn't get it to stop bleeding and then kind of babbled for a minute, said he was calling 911, and hung up. I left my full cart in the aisle and drove home as fast as I could. When I got home the paramedics were here and Mike said we needed to go to the emergency room. As it turns out, Mike cut his finger trying to open a box for Van. He cut his left index finger from the middle of the top to the middle of the bottom, severing his nerve. He has no feeling in the top half of his finger right now. Its been wrapped, stitched up, and on a splint for the last week. The doctor said his feeling should come back eventually and hopefully he will be getting his stitches out next Tuesday. So....all of his extra duties this week have been one handed...can you believe it?

So needless to say, St Josephs hospital has taken a big chunk out of our bank account this last month...2 emergency room visits, a surgery, multiple prescriptions, and follow up appointments...so much for extra money for Christmas right?

So that is my blah-ness right now. I am very grateful for all of the work my husband has done this week and all of the extra work the moms at Van's school have done (taking both kids multiple mornings). Hopefully we are both on the up swing...Mike's finger will be better in a few days and my stent will be out in a couple of weeks and then all will be back to normal...well the normal craziness we are always dealing with. I have now officially passed another 30 minutes in my recliner...back to my tivo I go!

If I'm not back before then, hope you all have a happy holiday...we are so excited for Christmas morning and can't wait to spend it with our little ones.

Love,
B

No comments: