"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Monday, May 19, 2008

Our Chunky Monkey

Wow, look at those chubby cheeks and big blue eyes. Well today was Ava's 2 1/2 month well baby checkup. She was the lucky recipient of 5 shots and an oral immunization not to mention a little girly issue that I will leave unmentioned for the sake of tact. Boy was she happy!! Her stats came in as follows: wt -12 lbs 11 1/2 oz and ht -21 1/2 in. She is just slightly above average in weight and actually a little under average in height. I have to say I was very surprised. I feel like she is so heavy and man does our girl have some thunder thighs but apparently her obesity is not nearly at the extreme level that I thought. Whoo!! So she is a happy and healthy baby.

As for our little pee machine, he's doing great. We even had our first #2 on the potty a couple of days ago and he's really on a roll. With some assistance from Uncle Danny today at the doctors, we managed to get through the appointment with only 3 or was it 4 trips to the bathroom, all successful, including one #2 drop off. I'm so proud of him and how good he's doing. He had a rough day yesterday, probably our fault for not taking him into the potty when we knew he should go, but he picked it right back up by night time. Its so nice to not have to worry about diapers for him. Thank goodness, they were getting expensive.

I believe that's all for now. Look at me, two posts in one week. Yippee!!

Becky

1 comment:

Melissa Vossler said...

Looks like both our girls have chunkiness in common. Liv was 12lbs, 12ozs at her 2 month appointment...only my doc said to stop feeding her as much. Said she was getting too fat. Huh.

Love the pics of her and hope to meet her soon - what does next Wednesday look like for you?