"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Thursday, May 15, 2008

One More Week Passed

So I realize it's been a week since I've blogged and I'm really making an effort to do this weekly so here's my update. As you can tell by the picture to the left, we've been spending lots of time outside. It's been really nice weather lately so we've been playing in our little pool and with the hose. If Van had his choice, he'd be naked all morning and outside...which leads to our next update. Potty training has been going wonderfully...until we started spending all morning the last 3 mornings outside w/ limited or no clothes on because of swimming. When Van is naked outside, its virtually impossible to talk him into coming inside to go potty. So it seems we've been a bit off the last couple of days when it comes to his training. I'm going to try hanging out in the house tomorrow and see if he picks it back up. Everybody says when it comes to this pt thing, there will be good days and bad days before he gets the hang of it for good. I hate to put him back in diapers or even pull ups because I don't want to revert back to any old habits but we'll see how it goes. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.

As for Ava, she has found a new enjoyment, the walker. I took some pics today but didn't load them up yet, hopefully tomorrow. She can't quite reach the floor with her toes, but she loves to look at the rings on the top and be able to just hang out. This may be our new savior. Van loved the swing, but Ava won't really have much to do with the swing or the bouncy chair, so maybe it'll be the walker. Its a little earlier than Van learned to appreciate the walker, but heck, we'll take it. Its nice to have somewhere to put her that will keep her entertained and awake. I'll post some pics as soon as I get them loaded. She has her next well baby appointment on Monday and I'm very excited to see how much my "chunky monkey" weighs. I'll be sure to blog that update.

Mike and I are good, nothing new under our sun. Oh, Mike did get a new car...luckily we didn't have to pay for it. His lease on his company car was up and Mike couldn't wait to get rid of his "gaystion" wagon. I personally loved it and it worked great for our needs but it wasn't really the car Mike would've chosen. So anyways, he ordered his new car a couple of months ago and it arrived yesterday, a 2009 silver Toyota Camry with a whole bunch of bells and whistles. Maybe a Camry wouldn't have been Mike's 1st choice, but he had to pick from a list of only a couple cars and this was definitely the best one of his choices, and I have to say (as a previous new Camry owner), it's beautiful and I love it. I was really bummed when we had to get rid of my Camry so I'm relishing this new edition. I'm secretly very excited about the times I may get to drive it. Good pick babe...congrats.

Off to tv w/ the hubby. I'll be back soon.
xoxo
B

1 comment:

Melissa Vossler said...

I always look forward to your updates Becky. I'm so happy to hear everything in your home is running smoothly and you are enjoying both your beautiful children. Keep the updates coming :)