"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Monday, February 4, 2008

*** Time Is Flying By ***

I know it's been more than a few days, but time is just flying by and I want to make sure I wait until I really have something to write about so I don't bore you with all the nothingness going on in my head. So Van's move into his big bed has gone virtually seemless. The first couple of days of naps were a little bit of a challenge, and I really mean little. The first nap day I had to go in more than 10 times to put him back in bed but eventually he got it. By the 2nd day, we were down to just one trip back in the room, and by the 3rd day he had it down pat. He is just so excited about this bed and he goes into Ava's room now and points to the crib and says "Ava's bed" with no qualms. One more step completed before little miss Ava makes her arrival.

Speaking of Ava, I had a doctors appointment today and all looks well. She is very active and seems to be growing good. We're guessing she's probably close to 5 lbs now although I feel like she must be at least 10. I feel much smaller this time around so I think she has already run out of room. I've really run into the uncomfortable stage now and even have moments when I stand up that I literally feel like she's going to fall out. Of course this is all normal stuff. We're under the 50 days mark, I believe we are at about 45 days now until my due date. That seems so close. The doctor said today he thinks we'll probably be a week or so early so that could even take off another 7 days. Oh my, this is going to go fast. Her room is almost ready and as soon as I get it all done, I'll be sure to post a pic so everyone can check it out. Her clothes are all washed and the closet is packed. In just a short time we'll have a little miss to add to our brood and its very exciting.



With Ava's arrival approaching very quickly, there are a couple of things we wanted to experience with Van before we add another baby to our bunch. We remember oh too fondly how we didn't get out a whole lot when Van was first born and we're worrying it may be even harder with 2 little ones. So we decided to take advantage of a free Saturday (which almost never happens) and take Van to the LA Zoo for the first time. He's been to the Santa Ana one but there aren't any big animals there and Van is a animalatic. He was so excited as the day approached and definitely enjoyed himself. We were a little bummed because so many of the animals were napping but Van did get a good look at the zebras, giraffes, monkeys, and the sole elephant. These all made him very happy. I think he may have enjoyed the kangaroos the best though, especially when they started hopping around...we got the cutest giggles and grins out of him then. Overall, I'd say our first trip the the "big" zoo was a success and hopefully we'll get back there soon.


Well I'll try and be back in a few days with another update. Please keep us all in your prayers as time gets closer to our little girl's arrival. Me and my boys are doing great and can't wait to see our little girl in person.

Love,
becky



No comments: