"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Sunday, April 13, 2008

>> Perfect No Longer <<

Up until now we have been blessed with an almost perfect little boy in Van. He is a good sleeper, quick learner, well behaved, and an overall joy to be around. However, over the last week, we have made the dreaded dive into the terrible twos. We have been seeing signs since about 18 months, but the line has now been crossed and it seemed to happen over night. His favorite word is NO and he has started throwing tantrums when he doesn't get his way. He tends to keep this side away from most friends and family and makes it a real treat for mom and dad. Over the last few days I have even found myself saying the things I never thought I'd say, like "if you don't stop crying I'll give you something to really cry about", and the good 'ole "you better wait until your father gets home"...neither of which has worked yet by the way. My favorite story so far would be when he took his PB&J sandwich, separated it, threw it face down on the white carpet, then proceeded to step on it for some good smashing. Oh how I'm excited about what's next. He is so smart that I feel like he does things we are so unprepared for. Please pray for our patience and survival for the coming months and years. This little guy will be keeping us on our toes.

B

No comments: