"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Good Baby or a Bad Mommy??

So last night we may have had a landmark night. I put Ava into bed early because she seems to be staying awake earlier but really wanting to crash by 9ish. So I bathed her and had her in bed by 930. She woke up at 12, ate, and went back into bed asleep by about 1am. When I woke up at 7am I realized I hadn't heard from her all night and was so excited that she made it all night. I went in and peeked on her and she was sound asleep in the exact position I left her earlier in the morning. Then I went back into bed for a bit and a little later I was looking at Van's monitor and I saw Ava's lighting up all red meaning there was noise in her room, only thing was there was no noise coming from our monitor. So I reach over, turn the volume up, and hear the baby fussing. Sooo, basically the monitor was on all night, but I must have turned the volume down when I went in to feed her at 12 and never turned it back up. Therefore, our little girl could've had her first all night sleep fest, or I could be a horrible mom and never heard her cry because I didn't have the sound on her monitor up. I like to think its the first scenario...1 because she was in the same position as I left her and was sound asleep and was even happy when she did wake up...and 2 because I don't want to feel so horrible about the thought of her crying for us and just leaving her there when she's so young. I'll let you make the call.

So I got some bummer news last week. My "wonderful" job that I was so excited about may not actually work out. After some emailing back and forth between me and the company it looked like I was about to start. And then out of the blue, on Friday, I got an email from the lawyer telling me that she basically needed to reevaluate her needs and if I had other opportunities she didn't want me waiting on them. She said she would be in touch in a few weeks after she gets things settled down a bit. Honestly I'm not sure how to take this. Part of her note sounded like they were still going to hire me, part of it made it sound like she just didn't want to say she didn't need me anymore so if I could just go somewhere else it would be easier. Needless to say, I was pretty bummed about this. I was really hoping this was going to be a good opportunity for me and my family. We're keeping our heads up and figuring if this is God's will for us, it will work out and if not, God will give us other opportunities and continue to provide for us. So if anybody knows of any work available that I can do from home, I'm open to everything. Otherwise, back to Craigslist I go.

So I went to the doctors last week for my 4 week check up and I wasn't as excited about my weight loss this time around. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm fat, I just enjoy being thin. So after looking at Self and Shape magazines the whole time I was in the office, I left feeling even more deflated. Therefore, I have decided to take on a task of a mini marathon. Okay not really marathon, I want to take on the 5K (about 3 miles) of the Long Beach marathon in October. Mike said he'd do it with me and so did my good friend Megan. Of course I'm motivated right now, even though I'm not even exercising yet, but hopefully it will hold up until October. Wish us luck.

That's all for now. Hopefully I'll be back again in a bit with some new pics. Hmmm, maybe Mike and I will become photographers....

Becky

2 comments:

mommy nat said...

I vote Good Baby!!!! Sorry about your job, with this sucky economy she's probably really slow right now. I'm sure it will all work out though.

Melissa Vossler said...

It's funny you bring up wanting to run a 5K. I came across a program called "Couch to 5K" on a mommy board online. I had planned on starting it when I was 6 week post partum. Anyway, I sent the information over to a friend of mine because she mentioned wanting to run a 5k. She just completed the program with complete success. The first time she went out, she could hardly jog 3 minutes (and this lady is IN SHAPE!). 8 weeks later she was jogging 30 minutes straight without any problems. I still plan on starting it next week - let me know what you think! http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml