"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Monday, January 21, 2008

Pee Pee In The Potty!!

We are very proud and excited to announce that Van had his 1st pee pee in the potty last night.



We bought him a little potty last summer and started working on the potty training thing when we found out about our little girl's pending arrival. Ideally, I'd love to have only 1 in diapers, yes I understand I may be a little delusional about the possibility of this actually happening. But, a mom can always be hopeful especially when you read about little ones potty trained by 18 months. So anyways, we started working on potty training, but when we moved houses we got really lazy. Its my fault really. Our condo had hardwood floors so if Van had an accident on the floors it was so easy to clean up but our new house has almost white carpet throughout the whole house so I have been a lot more tentative about letting him run around without a diaper. And I've justified not pushing it on him because of all of the big changes we've made on him the last couple of months. But Mike has been so good about asking him if he needed to go pee pee when he's naked and we do get a lot of yesses but last night he said yes and he said he wanted to go on his potty so Mike took him in there and just like a big boy, he went pee pee in his little toilet.



Yipee!!! We've been waiting so long for his first potty and are very hopeful that now that he knows what we want him to do while he's sitting there, it will happen more frequently. He has even told me multiple times today that he wanted to go pee pee on his toilet and would go sit there patiently but nothing more than a drop has come out. I still consider this progress. Before last night, it was almost a struggle to get him to sit there for longer than 2 seconds, now he just sits his little naked bottom down, points his pee pee down, and waits patiently for something to come out. Its all very sweet and I know that this is a huge step in the right direction. Of course, Van and mommy had to share a Hershey Kiss afterwards, just to relish the moment.



Well I hope you all enjoy this update. I should be back in a few days to give you another update.



Love, Becky

No comments: