"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Philippians 4:13


Thursday, January 17, 2008

My First Blog

Thank you everyone for stopping by to check out our new blog spot. I will try to keep everyone updated often. Its hard to keep everyone posted with all of the happenings of our family including Mike's job and sport of the month, my pregnancy, and all of Van's new and old antics so I'm hoping this will allow you to check in whenever you want. I will post new pictures as I get them but feel free to email me and let me know when I'm lagging. And, as soon as baby #2 arrives, you will be the first to get updates.

So let me start with where we are now. We are a very blessed family of 3, Mike, Van, and myself. Van is almost 2 years old and growing like a weed. He is so smart, its really just amazing. It seems like he learns 10 new things everyday. Even tonite in the tub he was showing us how he washes his hair, I mean he kept putting shampoo in his hand and then would rub his head. We never really showed him this, he just picked it up. He is also talking up a storm and tries to say everything we do. He has very good manners and has almost mastered please and thank you, we're very proud. Its so fun to watch him soak things up like a sponge. Currently, he can count to 20, say his ABC's and almost pick them all out by sight, spell his name, and name everyone in his family. Its crazy that they can really do anything we teach them, it just takes a little effort. He is such a blessing and we really hope he saved some of the cute genes and smart genes for his little sister. There is so much more pressure on little girls to be cute so hopefully Van didn't take all the good stuff.

Next I will tell you about our little girl who is soon to make her arrival. Officially her due date is March 21, 2008 (just 2 days after Van's 2nd birthday). But, we have been told it could be anywhere from March 8-22, so there is a big window there. We just had an ultrasound on Sunday to make sure all was well and our little girl weighed in at 3lbs 8oz. She seems to be doing great and is very active in my tummy. It seems like she always has the hiccups, which makes me laugh because I don't remember Van ever having them. In case you don't know, we have recently decided to change our little one's name. We started out with Paige Marie and were pretty set on it but have recently decided to change it to Ava Lynn. Mike and I were both having doubts and have just decided on the change officially tonite. Van is so good at saying Ava and he even tells us he loves her, well in his way which sounds more like "i uh uh ava". It's so cute and definitely one of the reasons I started leaning towards Ava. Well my next appointment with the doctor is February 4th and I will keep you all posted if anything interesting happens.

Lastly I will say Mike and I are happily enjoying our son and awaiting the arrival of our daughter. We feel very blessed with our life at the moment. We just had our 5 year wedding anniversary and coming up here in March, we will have been together for 9 years, that is 1/3 of both of our lives. It is hard to remember not being together. God has blessed us with so many things over the last 9 years, most of all eachother. Thank you to all of our friends and family for your continued love and support. I hope you enjoy reading all of our postings as much as I will enjoy writing them for you.

Love,

Becky

3 comments:

Marrs Family said...

so glad you joined the bloggy world! we're looking forward to all of the pics!
love,
the marrs

Melissa Vossler said...

Love the new blog! I enjoyed reading about all of the wonderful blessings you are surrounded with. I'll be checking in daily :)

Anonymous said...

Becky - you did a great job on your Blog and I enjoyed seeing all the pictures of Van as well as the family update. Can hardly wait for the arrival of Ava and enjoy photos of her. It somehow brings me closer over all the distant miles between us.

Love Aunt Joanie